|Paithani Saree of Maharashtra|
- Classification by motif: Here the popular motifs are Bangadi Mor, Munia brocade and the lotus. The word "bangadi" means bangle and "mor" means peacock. Lotus motifs in 7-8 colours are used in pallu.
- Classification by weaving: There are two ways of weaving the saree. The Kadiyal border Saree in which the warp and the weft of the border are of the same colour while the body has different colours for warp and weft. The other weaving technique is the Kad/Ekdhoti, where a single shuttle is used for weaving of weft. The colour of the warp yarn is different from that of the weft yarn.
- Classification by colour
- Raghu: Parrot green coloured Saree.
- Kalichandrakala: It is a pure black Saree with red border.
- Shirodak: It is a pure white Saree.
|purple paithani sari with woven peacocks on anchal|
|Handwoven Paithani Saree in Black with Zari Pallu|
|Handwoven Paithani with Real Zardozi|